Something that many homeowners don’t realize is that your plumbing system is one of the most important aspects of your home. You need to treat your plumbing system with care because of this. We usher many of our customers to this realization because we believe that informing you is just as important as working for you. Once we get to this point, though, the next question typically revolves around what you should or shouldn’t do concerning your plumbing in Boulder City, NV.
Today, we want to give you some helpful guidelines. We’re rounded up 10 basic dos and don’ts when it comes to your plumbing. If you keep these tips in mind, we can assure you that your plumbing system will work well and last longer.
10 Do’s and Don’ts
Here are some vital tips you should think about the next time you head over to a drain.
5 Things To Do
- Schedule Plumbing Maintenance: The number one thing you should do for your plumbing system is schedule plumbing maintenance services. Plumbing maintenance keeps your plumbing system clean, clear, and able to work when you need it most.
- Know What Can Go Down Your Garbage Disposal:One of the best things you can be is informed. If you’re unsure of what should go down your drain, refer below to our list of things that you should avoid.
- Insulate Pipes: We don’t get a lot of issues with pipes freezing here, but if you want to keep your pipes functioning properly, it’s great to consider pipe insulation.
- Take Care of Leaks Right Away: Even small leaks are worth fixing ASAP. It will improve your efficiency and prevent potential plumbing disasters. Water damage isn’t something that you want to risk.
- Note Odd Sounds: Do you hear odd sounds coming from your home’s heater? Don’t ignore them. Note when they happen and then get in touch with one of our plumbers to fix this.
5 Things To Avoid
- Ignoring Odd Scents: Does something smell wet, moldy, or fishy? This is a sign that you should talk to a professional and check for potential leaks.
- Flushing the Following:
- Anything other than human waste
- Chemical drain cleaners
- Putting Any of These Down Your Drain:
- Coffee grounds
- F.O.G. (fat, oil, and grease)
- Hiring an Amateur: We understand how tempting it is to contact an amateur for your plumbing. They promise work that’s just as good for a fraction of the price. In reality, this is far fetched. If it sounds too good to be true, then it is! Investing in quality plumbing will keep your system high quality for years to come.
- Attempting to DIY: If you’re handy around your home, then amateur work might be just as tempting to you as hiring an amateur. The problem with DIY work is that you can’t see the blindspots in your home. We’re around to make sure that your plumbing repair is done right the first time.
Contact Bumble Breeze to schedule an appointment for plumbing services in Boulder City. Give us a buzz!